Something sweet and quick to make.
- 4 large eggs
- 250 ml white sugar
- 250 ml Hot Chocolate powder
- 2 ml vanilla essence
- 250 ml self raising flour (or cake flour with 7 ml baking powder)
- 50 ml sunflower oil
- 125 ml boiling water
- Caramel Treat and sweet sprinkles
- Spray an empty 2 litre ice-cream tub with baking spray and fit a sheet of paper towel in the base.
- In a 1.5 litre mixing bowl, whisk the eggs until fluffy and trebled in volume.
- Beat in the sugar thoroughly.
- Measure the chocolate powder, essence, flour and oil directly into the egg mixture and blend together until smooth.
- Pour on the boiling water and mix until incorporated.
- Pour mixture into the prepared ice-cream tub and microwave, elevated on a small upturned saucer, on 100% Power level or 5 minutes.
- Turn out onto a cooling rack while it is still warm and peel away the paper towel.
- Spread the cooled cake with icing, caramel treat, and sprinkle over any nuts or sweets you have on hand.